Free information, advice and guidance on the Apprenticeship Levy
...anyone wishing to use sports knowledge and skills to create and deliver coaching programmes.
This occupation is found in the sport and physical activity sector in high-performance, community and school environments. Sports coaches aim to provide meaningful and high-quality learning, development and performance experiences. They support the achievement of medals in talent, national and international competition, enrich performance in local competitions, increase participation, raise educational standards, enhance wellbeing and drive social change. Sport coaches can influence national wellness to reduce burden on the National Health Service.
18 - 24 Months
• Strong organisational skills
• Passion for sport and physical activity
• Desire to motivate children to lead a healthy and active lifestyle
• Excellent communication skills
• Transformational coaching methods and strategic planning techniques
• Curriculum design methods and coaching pedagogies
• Inclusive coaching techniques
• Delivers safe and effective coaching support to participants
• Embrace each participants uniqueness, their rights and advocates fairness, equality and diversity within the coaching environment
• Leads by example, acts with integrity, builds trust and demonstrates respect for others
"It has given me the perfect course that I wanted to do and the process so far has been easy and full of support."
Joel, Sports Coach apprentice