This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all products and services, and instances where we collect your personal data.
Who We Are
Educationwise Academy is an independent training provider of apprenticeships.
Company address: BS2 0PT, City Of Bristol, England, United Kingdom
2.0 GDPR AND YOUR RIGHTS
We process all personal data, including that collected via this website in accordance with EU General Data Protection
Regulation 2018 (GDPR), which governs data protection and user privacy standards throughout the European Union.
GDPR outlines how organisations must collect, handle and store personal information. To comply with the law,
personal information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed to any unauthorised parties
unlawfully. We must also ensure that your information is protected against accidental loss.
Users who entrust their personal data to companies like Educationwise have the following rights under GDPR:
• The right to be forgotten (you can request for your data to be deleted)
• The right to see all the data we hold on you (by submitting a Subject Access Request)
• The right to data portability (if you ask to see all your data, we’ll give it to you in a commonly used format, such as
• The right to correct inaccurate information we hold on you
• The right to opt-out of marketing communications as easily as you opted in
• The right to restrict or object to processing (although we may still need to hold on to your data, for example to
fulfil a contract)
• The right to complain (this would be to a supervisory authority responsible for data protection)
Given the stringent nature of this regulation, our processing will also be compliant with other international data
protection and user privacy legislation. If you are unsure whether our processing meets your country’s data
protection and user privacy legislation, please contact our Data Protection Officer on T: (0117) 379 0450, at
email@example.com or write to our company address, marking it for the attention of the DPO
2.1 YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing
purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us to exercise
3.0 WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU DO WE PROCESS?
Personal information that we’ll process in connection with our services, if relevant, includes:
• Personal and contact details, such as title, first name, last name, contact details (postal address, email, phone
• Your date of birth, gender and/or age
• Records of your contact with us, such as via the phone, email and if you get in touch with us online using our
forms. If you get in touch with us online, details such as your mobile phone location data, IP address and MAC
address will be processed
• Products and services you have purchased from us, as well as those you have expressed an interest in, and the
associated payment methods used.
• Marketing to you and analysing data, including a history of those communications, whether you open them or click
on links, and information about products and services we think you may be interested in, and analysing data to
help target offers to you that we think are of interest or relevance to you.
• Information about your use of Educationwise products or services and services with Premier Education Group plc.
• If applicable: debt and billing information, including details of money you owe us, and personal information which
we obtain from Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies.
We’ll collect this personal information from the following sources:
• You directly
• Information generated when you use our products and services
4.0 HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
We use your personal data listed in Section 3.0 for the following purposes:
• To make automated decisions on whether to offer you a product or service
• To perform, or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes
• To improve the operation of our business Group-wide
• To monitor and keep records of our communications with you and our staff
• For market research and analysis/developing statistics
• For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and services. If
opted-in, we’ll send marketing to you by email, phone, post, social media and digital channels.
• To provide personalised content and services to you, such as tailoring our products, our digital customer
experience and offerings, and deciding which offers or promotions to show you on our digital channels.
4.1 AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We sometimes make decisions about you using only technology, where none of our employees or any other individuals
have been involved. For instance, we may do this to decide: whether to offer you a product or service, the price we will
offer or what terms and conditions to offer you. We may also do this using data from other parts of Premier Education
4.2 DO YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US?
We’re unable to provide you with our products and services if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases
where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
5.0 HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you enrolled as a learner, your data will be securely stored in our bespoke Project Management System. If you have
opted in to receive marketing information from us, your data will also be securely stored with a third-party data
Your data is securely encrypted and then transmitted to the HubSpot secure servers using PHP scripts. That data is
then stored by HubSpot in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
HubSpot’s current security and storage policy can be found here.
Your details can only be accessed by authorised admin personnel at Educationwise. You will only ever receive
correspondence via Educationwise or an authorised sender by email.
We may need to keep your contact information on file for non-marketing purposes.
In these scenarios, we will retain the bare minimum of information (i.e. your email address) on a “Suppressed list”, to
ensure we do not contact you again once you have opted out or been removed from our email lists.
5.1 SHARING OR TRANSFERRING YOUR DATA
Any data that is transferred outside of the UK will be done in full compliance with European data protection
regulations. We may occasionally share or transfer your data with our trusted third-party data processors or within the
Premier Education Group subsidiaries.
5.2 HOW LONG IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION RETAINED BY US
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information for as long as we have reasonable business
needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations or to communicate in relation to
product recalls or training.
6.0 ABOUT THIS WEBSITE’S SERVER (INCLUDING SECURITY INFO)
Our server, which we manage ourselves, is hosted in the UK with a company called Redstation (www.redstation. com).
The server Operating System is kept up to date via automatic security patches and all software used is still supported
All our sites use HTTPS/SSL encryption to protect any sensitive data in transit from the server to the browser.
7.0 OUR THIRD-PARTY DATA PROCESSORS
We use third-party organisations to process personal data on our behalf. These organisations have been selected in
part due to their commitment to data security. All are GDPR-compliant and those based in the USA are also EUUS
Privacy Shield compliant:
8.0 HOW TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT
We will keep your email address on our bespoke Project Management System and Hubspot until either you specifically
request removal from the list, which can be done by following an unsubscribe link included in all our communications
or requesting removal at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that you will need to email us
using the email account you want to have removed from our records.
8.1 WHAT TO DO IF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION CHANGES
Please tell us so that we can update our records by emailing email@example.com as soon as possible.
We’ll then update your records.
9.0 DATA BREACHES
In the event of an unlawful data breach of this website or any of our data held on third-party data processors, we will
inform the Information Commissioner’s Office within 72 hours of the breach, if the fundamental rights and freedoms of
those individuals whose data has been compromised are at risk. We will inform the people whose data has been
compromised of the breach if the data compromise could have a significant negative impact on the individuals
10.0 THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONERS OFFICE (ICO) DETAILS
If you need to contact the ICO to report any issues with the way we have handled your personal data, you contact
them through the following channels:
Call the helpline: 0303 123 1113 or Visit their website: https://ico.org.uk/
Start a live chat with them: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/live-chat
11.0 WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR DATA IN THE RESULT OF AN ACQUISITION?
In the event of a takeover or acquisition, the personal data we hold will form part of the assets of the organisation and
be taken over by the new company, but only used for the same or similar purpose. In these circumstances, we will
write to everyone we hold data on and notify them about the change of ownership, and any revisions to our privacy
Updated on: November 2022