Rail Engineering Operative
This apprenticeship is for…
…those working, or aspiring to work, in rail engineering.
Rail Engineering Operatives provide support to Rail Technicians and Engineers. The engineering disciplines cover the following areas of “The Railway” (infrastructure and trains); track (including minor works), electrification, overhead line, signalling, telecommunications and traction & rolling stock. Apprentices will undertake the core learning and also specialise in one particular discipline.
Duration: 12 Months
Back to Employer Apprenticeship Programs
This standard is ideal for
Aspiring staff in the other roles
Desired qualities prior to enrolment
• Professional behaviour
• Excellent communication skills
• Receptive to feedback.
Example knowledge, skills and behaviours
• The general engineering techniques required to support the maintenance, renewal and construction of The Railway
• Understand electrical and electronic principals
• Understand function and characteristics of railway signalling systems
• Be risk aware so as to help reduce risks by checking of information, concentration on the task, and awareness of changing circumstances on activity.
WHAT OUR LEARNERS SAY
“I have learned so many new skills and gained so much experience and knowledge from my apprenticeship with Educationwise Academy. My tutor Duncan has played a massive role in supporting me.”
Abdul Mowoevvv – L2 Community Activator Coach
“A great range of courses available that fit the needs of our business, and the growth and development of it. Knowledgeable tutors with a solid background in the courses they lead, sharing of practical examples with learner’s enabling them to develop understanding further.”- Nick Eccles, SB Sports.”
Nick Eccles – SB Sports
“Having that link between the business and the education helped so much. I have learnt a lot especially once I had the hang of what was expected and how to get work to assist in managing my time and not being overloaded.”